The Fitness Centers offer intramural and varsity sports, equipment instruction, monthly fitness challenges and fitness programs/classes.
The Fitness Centers feature:
- Racquetball courts/Wallyball Court
- Male and female locker rooms
- Senior male locker rooms for O6/GS-15 and above (Fitness Center I)
- Senior female locker rooms for 05/GS-15 and above (Fitness Center I)
- Weight room
- Cardiovascular room
- Full-sized basketball courts
- Cardiovascular equipment including bikes, rowers, elliptical, steppers and treadmills
- CrossFit Classes
- Functional Fitness Classes
24-Hour Fitness Center
Register Monday-Friday between 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at Fitness Center I | Call 202.767.5895 for Details!
Work out any time you want at the 24 hour Fitness Center! Sign up at Fitness Center I. PLEASE NOTE: Both new and existing 24-Hour Fitness Customers must [re-]register at Fitness Center I to be able to access the new Fitness Center's Access System.
- Download the Statement of Understanding (SOU)/Application for the 24-Hour Fitness Center Here
- For new 24-Hour Fitness Center Applicants, please bring application form and ID to Fitness Center I between normal business hours.
My Parent & Me Workout RoomFitness Center I | Available During Regular Business Hours
No babysitter? No problem! My Parent & Me is a new program available to parents and guardians who wish to use the Fitness Center without exposing their children to the dangers of a regular gym, while still allowing them to get a quality fitness workout. The My Parent & Me room is available at Fitness Center I during regular business hours. Restrictions apply. Call 202.767.5895 for more information.
Functional Movement Screening
First Tuesday of Each Month | 9 a.m. | Fitness Center I
Third Thursday of Each Month | 12 p.m. | Fitness Center I
The Functional Movement Screening (FMS) simplifies the concept of movement and its impact on the body. Its streamlined system has benefits for everyone involved - individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians. Screenings are in one hour increments. Please call Fitness Center I in advance to schedule your appointments.
- Communication: The FMS utilizes simple language, making it easy for individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians to communicate clearly about progress and treatment.
- Evaluation: The screen effortlessly identifies asymmetries and limitations, diminishing the need for extensive testing and analysis.
- Standardization: The FMS creates a functional baseline to mark progress and provides a means to measure performance.
- Safety: The FMS quickly identifies dangerous movement patterns so that they can be addressed. It also indicates an individual’s readiness to perform exercise so that realistic goals can be set and achieved.
- Corrective Strategies: The FMS can be applied at any fitness level, simplifying corrective strategies of a wide array of movement issues. It identifies specific exercises based on individual FMS scores to instantly create customized treatment plans.