Transition GPS is a redesigned transition assistance program that ensures service members and their families are substantially better prepared for civilian life. The program provides extensive tools, education and support needed for a successful transition from military service to the civilian community. Participants will depart the military very “career ready” and with strategies that augment the job search process in today’s market.
In the Transition GPS program, service members will assess what interests them the most in the workplace and learn how to increase their marketability, so they may obtain a job they want.
- Translating military skills and experience into civilian workforce terms
- Financial planning
- Certification and training resources
- Employment workshop
- Federal and civilian job search techniques
- Resume writing
- VA Benefits and e-Benefits
The Transition Assistance Program offers additional Career Track courses for those pursuing the following:
- Accessing Higher Education
- Technical Training
- For more information on the Transition Assistance Program and what it can do for you, please contact the Military and Family Support Center.
Transition GPS Prerequisites and Schedules
Find out which one is right for you! Retirees may begin the transition process if they are within 24 months of retirement; service members are eligible to begin the process if they are within 12 months of separation.